A Christmas Challenge

 I thought I would have a go at this little exercise, brought to my attention by Cath at Read-warbler. 

The challenge is to answer the questions using the titles of books you have read in 2020.

I should have heeded Cath's warning, as it's a lot harder than it might look - in the end I cheated; I have read all of the books that I used, but not necessarily this year. So I'm probably disqualified....but it was fun anyway!

Describe yourself: The Last Hillwalker (John D Burns)


How do you feel: Dead Cold (Louise Penny)


Describe where you currently live: O Caledonia (Elspeth Barker)


If you could go anywhere, where would you go: Rose Cottage (Mary Stewart)


Your favourite form of transportation: The Christmas Train (David Balducci)


Your best friend is: Another Marvelous Thing (Laurie Colwin)


You and your friends are: Excellent Women (Barbara Pym)


What’s the weather like: The Wind in the Willows (Kenneth Graeme)


You fear: Trouble in the Village (Rebecca Shaw)


What is the best advice you have to give: Don't Tell Alfred (Nancy Mitford)


Thought for the day: We Should All Be Feminists (Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie)


My soul’s present condition: A Glass of Blessings (Barbara Pym)



Thanks Cath, I enjoyed doing this.

If anyone wants to join in, feel free!

Comments

  1. You did that brilliantly, Rosemary. I think I need to read less murder and mayhem next year, then I might find a few more appropriate titles! I've read two of your titles and own a couple more. Did you like The Christmas Train?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cath - I've got the ladies in my American online book group all doing it now! They are immensely well read so it's interesting to see what they have come up with. I think we'll all be choosing next year's titles with half an eye on this now!

      I enjoyed The Christmas Train very much until the last chapter. Although the whole thing is of course somewhat fantastical, I didn't mind that at all until then - it added to the Christmassy, snowy atmosphere, and Balducci is an excellent writer who keeps you turning the pages. But just before the end the plot became too silly and unlikely even for me - the tying-up of all the threads was too contrived. But I'm glad I read it, because I did enjoy almost all of it, and it's a book I'd heard about and intended to read for ages. Have you read it?

      Delete
    2. No, I haven't read The Christmas Train, it's one of your books that I own, have owned for about 5 years in fact, but have yet to read. My husband reads a lot of Baldacci's books, but I've yet to try him.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts